Uncommon Nonsense

Video games, books, and day-to-day drivel

9.13.2006

Video Games: 9/13

There are a couple games that I would like to purchase this week:

Cooking Mama[DS] - a very cute game from Taito (boy did we ever play the hell out of some Taito Drum Master) where you are directed by Mama to cook meals using the touchscreen, chopping, slicing, frying, and all sorts of kitchen fun. We couldn't find this one anywhere today, but as soon as I can get my hands on it, I will!

Harvest Moon[DS] - I have to admit that I love the Harvest Moon games. Another cutesy title - I promise I'm not THAT kind of gamer, it just happens to be a cutesy week in gaming. I can't wait to play this and hope I have time to when I get home.

Those are the only two titles I was excited about this week, but the Christmas season for games is coming soon with lots of titles I'm really looking forward to.

I bought an Xbox 360 not too long ago. I refused to up until this point because of the lack of impressive titles, but then Dead Rising came along - I'm actually pretty fond of it. I thought I wouldn't like my 360, but I've been really excited about the Xbox Live Arcade and the ability to get demos, videos, movie trailers and more via Xbox Live. I still don't like the lack of impressive titles (as far as my tastes go), but it remains to be seen how well support goes, as making titles for the next-gen consoles is always rough for the first little while.

I've been replaying Disgaea in preparation for Disgaea 2 (and also so I won't rush out and buy it yet - I need to watch my spending! I hear great things, and I forgot how much I love Disgaea. Thanks, NIS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home